- 2020 Workshop Schedule
- June Workshop: Dormancy to Proliferation: Engaging with Growth Cycles w/ Jenni Ashby
June Workshop: Dormancy to Proliferation: Engaging with Growth Cycles w/ Jenni Ashby
My vision for this class is to tap into not only our own journeys/sources/cycles of growth, but to reach out further to the natural growth surrounding us as a way of better understanding and reconnecting with ourselves and the larger communities and ecosystems around us. We will investigate the spectrums of wildness/cultivation, native/invasive, nature/civilization. We will befriend sprouts, roots, flowers and look for our own transitions and germinations as they are mirrored back to us. We will delve into the process of birth, death, and dormancy within creativity and life. This course is focused on play and exploration and asks you to put aside your internal critic/skeptic for four weeks and investigate your world with fresh curiosity.
Jenni Ashby is a grower; of words, children, plants, community. She believes that every artist needs someone to champion their ideas/vision/projects, to be a voice of encouragement and inspiration louder than the self-doubt that can easily take over in moments of isolation.
- Workshops consist of one video per week for each week in the month. Videos are 45-60 minutes long, and are shared on a private YouTube account.
- Class discussions are held via Slack.
- All readings, creative prompts, and shared artwork will be exchanged via a private Google Drive folder.
- All workshops are designed for you. Dedicate as much or as little time to the workshop per week as you'd like.
[Image credit: Jos van Wunnik]