October 2021: Trauma and the Body: exploring the narrative of our wound(s) w/ Shana Mirambeau
[Workshop Details Forthcoming]
Shana Mirambeau is a multidisciplinary creative: writer, healer and creative consultant, whose work shifts between the layers of multicultural narrative and spiritual mysticism. She has an M.F.A. in Creative Writing with a Concentration in Documentary Strategies from the School of Critical Studies at the California Institute of the Arts, and a dual Bachelors of Arts degree in English and Women & Gender Studies from California State University of Fullerton. As active leader in the healing community, Shana leads workshops exploring multiple healing modalities and creative non-fiction writing. She is a Family Constellation Facilitator: a practice started by Bert Hellinger to uncover and acknowledge hidden trauma (transgenerational trauma), and facilitate healing through its expression and acceptance, thus allowing healing at a soul level to bring peace and resolution in family dynamics. Currently, Shana is writing a Memoir that explores the process of voice, self, spirit, and healing from trauma within the intricate frameworks of an immigrant Caribbean family in America. Shana Mirambeau resides in Southern California.
- This workshop runs from October 1, 2021 - October 31, 2021.
- Workshops consist of one video per week for each week in the month. Videos are 45-60 minutes long, and are shared on a private YouTube account.
- Class discussions are held via Slack.
- All readings, creative prompts, and shared artwork will be exchanged via a private Google Drive folder.
- All workshops are designed for you. Dedicate as much or as little time to the workshop per week as you'd like.
- This workshop is taught in English, but collective.aporia offers subtitles for the workshop videos in over 60 languages. If you have questions about language accommodations, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collective.aporia believes in paying working artists fairly for their time and work. As a diverse international collective, we also believe strongly in valuing fair exchange—whether that be monetary, energetic, or otherwise.
Because of these beliefs, our workshop donations all begin at a $40 base rate with the option to give additional donation amounts, if you’re able. Seventy percent of the donations go to facilitator, and the remainder goes back into collective.aporia for operational expenses.
Participants also have the option to donate money towards the community scholarship, which provides opportunities to folks from these communities to attend workshops at no cost.
Please check out this page to learn more and/or apply for the scholarship.
We understand that not everyone has the financial means to donate $40. In the spirit of collaboration and exchange, we have developed a work exchange initiative that allows folks to choose what kind of work they would like to trade for free entry into the workshop. Examples of this work include writing blog posts, creating and sharing social media content, editing video subtitles, etc.
Thank you for your generosity!